In its simplest form, multichannel selling refers to selling your products on multiple sites. But it can also refer to selling both online and off, for example, a website in conjunction with a brick and mortar store.
For the purpose of this article, though, I’m going to focus on ecommerce channels.
About Channels and Platforms …
1. What is an ecommerce platform?
An ecommerce platform is anywhere you are selling from. Some examples include your own website or a hosted platform such as Shopify or BigCommerce.
2. What is an online marketplace?
It is a public ecommerce site—for example eBay, Etsy, or Amazon. Here, multiple third parties (sellers) provide product information while the marketplace operator processes the transactions.
3. How do I decide what’s best for me?
The ultimate goal of any store owner is to increase sales. But how is dependent on the particulars. So, despite the fact that multichannel selling is the fastest way to grow your ecommerce business, it’s still important to take the time to research your options.
About Seller Obligations …
4. What kind of fees can I expect to pay?
It’s often difficult to compare online selling sites in terms of fees. But, in general, you can expect fees that are relative to the products you sell, their prices, and even shipping costs. Find out more here.
5. What other obligations do I need to be aware of?
It’s important to pay attention to the rules and regulations of each new channel you add. Keep this in mind and you won’t be taken by surprise when something comes up.
About Logistics Issues …
6. How do I track and manage inventory in real time?
There are numerous multichannel software packages that can help with inventory management. Equally important, many also support customer service integration, repricing, and shipping details across channels.
7. Can I sync my product listings across multiple channels?
The benefit of multichannel selling across virtual marketplaces is that it gives your business a competitive edge, which, ultimately, leads to brand recognition and trust.
What are your thoughts on this topic? Please feel free to leave a comment below!
Latest posts by Valerie Edmonston (see all)
- 4 Considerations When Thinking About What to Sell Online - November 11, 2019
- Managing Multiple eStores? See What These 3 Experts Advise - November 6, 2019
- 3 Types of Online Shopping Habits to Be Familiar With - November 2, 2019