An ecommerce site gives you the opportunity to creatively showcase your store’s brand and product offerings. And, if done right, it can generate loyal customers while also attracting new ones.
But the key is to put yourself in the customers’ shoes by asking and pondering these questions:
- How do I like to shop online?
- What keeps me coming back to my favorite vendor sites?
- Is it their great customer service?
- Or the clear explanations and descriptions?
- How about site navigation and overall ease of use?
- Could it be the informative blog articles?
It boils down to knowing your customer. Here are three ways your ecommerce site can promote your business for you:
Provide Pertinent Information
Your goal is to equip customers with the information they need to make an informed buying decision. This includes descriptions and shipping charges.
But please remember to always write your own Shopify, eBay or other store product description. A good rule of thumb is to never copy a product description directly from the manufacturer. Why? Because Google will punish you with lower rankings. Ouch.
Appeal to Potential Customers
Your ecommerce site should be clean and professional. It should also be easy to navigate and user-friendly. In addition, your eBay or other product manager software might be helpful in keeping your store listings up to date.
At the same time, don’t forget to promote special deals and new arrivals.
Share Informative Content
You can talk directly to your ecommerce target market by sharing useful information and tips. More importantly, become a resource for them.
In fact, you can drive prospects to your site on a regular basis by writing and publishing relevant articles. But, to do so, you should first learn some basic SEO techniques for site optimization. It will be well worth your while.
The bottom line is that you want your website visitors to trust your brand. After all, your success depends on happy customers and positive reviews—both of which can lead to referrals and new business.
I’d love to hear your feedback and any ideas for future articles.
Latest posts by Valerie Edmonston (see all)
- Here Are 6 Low Cost Marketing Tactics You Can Start Using Today - September 23, 2018
- 4 Fast Facts about Inventory Management You Need to Know - September 18, 2018
- 3 Easy and Effective Tips for Successfully Selling on eBay - September 13, 2018